Saturday, April 10, 2010

I am so fucking pissed off right now that I am surprised that I haven't started breaking shit. Throwing and breaking shit is definitely not my normal m.o. but my frustration level has reached such a point that I wouldn't put it passed me.

So I applied for yet another job. I was selected as one of the 15 candidates to be interviewed. This was out of 100 applicants. I believe the interview went well. I answered all of the questions honestly and openly. Why wouldn't I? I have nothing to hide and I want you to know and understand who you will be working with.

So the selection process was made and the field was narrowed. Did I make the cut? NO! Why? I want too much money.

Now considering that this is not the first time I have hear this, you would think that I would be smart enough to lower my price. I would if I could afford to but considering that I live at the bare minimum now, I don't know how much lower I can get.

I am not the money motivated type. It's never been that important to me. I only worry about having enough to support my family. Most of my things are held together by spit and wire. I get furniture off of craigslist and have been able to learn many things so I have the ability to do them myself. So I find it incredible that the amount of money I need has become the issue.

Now in the several interviews and applications I have had, the discussions always talk about how my job is not a "9 to 5" position or how "being available" is of primary importance. How having a "flexible schedule" is a job requirement. I understand these things and my family understands them because we have lived them for the last 15 years. I have missed birthdays, anniversary's, weddings, plays, sporting events and holiday gatherings because this is the life we have chosen. What I don't understand is how they expect to pay part-time wages for a more than full time job.

I saw some fucking congressman on CNN the other day saying Americans who aren't working just don't want to work. I wish I could punch him in the fucking head. I don't have a 2000 square foot house. I don't have a car younger than 10 years old. I don't have credit card debt. I didn't buy my house with less than 10 percent down. So how many fucking jobs do I have to have to keep from living on the fucking street? How many fucking times do I have to go back to school to get a job that barely pays off the student loan?

Fuck piss shit fuck motherfucker bitch fuck.

6 comments:

Some Guy said...

It seems like everyone I talk to is hurting right now. Michigan is a terrible place right now for people like me in the home-building business and it has been for a while, but it's not like there's somewhere else I could go where it's good. Wondering how you'll pay for basic necessities each month is a real drag.

LegalMist said...

It's bad all over. And the politicians and talking heads simply have no clue what it's like to struggle to pay the bills each month.

Hang in there. I do think it will get better soon.

Gwen said...

Aw, nuts. I was hoping we hadn't heard from you because you got a job.

Dr Zibbs said...

That sucks and I hear you. I'm working but have been looking for a better job for a year. There's nothing out there. I'm making a quarter of what I used to make!

Pearl said...

I can relate. So many people are working for less, working longer, working harder.

Anyone who has the nerve to say that regular Americans aren't working hard doesn't know any regular Americans.

Pearl

Juz said...

I feel your pain, dude.
Things are pretty much the same here in South Africa. People think you're money-hungry if you ask for more, and all you want to do is get by.
Good luck,
Juz