Sunday, March 1, 2009

Miss Orie.... A Fictional Love Story

I would love to say I knew then what I know now, but that would be a lie. Sure she was young when I met her,
but soon we had to part.
I moved away from the old neighborhood.
It wasn't until years later that I would see he again. It was at a college party.
She hadn't changed a bit. She remembered me and we picked up where we left off. We said our hellos and later, our good-byes. I knew I had to see her again. So I called her.
I told her I wanted.....no needed to see her again. She seemed o.k. with the idea.
So a date it was. One turned to 2, 2 into 4, and before we knew it, we were in love.
Things were great for a long time. But then she became distant.
She lost interest in where our lives were going.
She became a different person.
We stopped talking and began to argue all the time.
Finally, she packed her things.
She said the pain was too much.
I said I still loved her and she reached for me.
But no matter how much we still cared or felt, I knew her career would always come first.
The End.

3 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Excellent tribute!

She's gonna love this!

Gwen is the undisputed blogger Queen in my world.

Gwen said...

Your Miss Orie is quite a gal! I can see why you still pine for her as I find myself also drawn to her. Do you ever think you'll get back together? I bet she loves you as much you love her, but knows it's best if she keeps her distance. Unrequited love and all that sot.

[Great detective work, SOAT! Not everyone is willing to spend so much time in my "archives", if you know what I mean. ;)]

diane said...

Well done. Don't ever try anything like this with my photos. I think we'd all like to see some kind of a story done with some of Zibbs photos, was he always so mysterious?